As a customer of CECT-SHOP, you can enjoy a 1-year guarantee on goods purchased from our online store, effective from 5 days after the date when we dispatch your goods.
1. The guarantee issued by CECT-SHOP cover all purchased items, including smartphones and tablets, which prove defective within 1 year after delivery. This also covers the rare event in which goods are delivered in damaged condition. In this case, we ask you please to retain the original packaging. The guarantee does not cover willful or accidental damage by the purchaser or any other party, and does not cover theft.
2. The guarantee does not cover the supplied accessories and wearable components such as batteries, chargers, USB cables, headphones etc, nor does it cover separately purchased hardware components such as speakers, microphones, displays etc.
3. The guarantee does not cover the software or operating system of any device.
1. The guarantee will be void if the product is damaged through incorrect use, for example by being dropped, water damage, etc.
2. The guarantee will be void if the user makes any changes or updates to the software or operating system which were not explicitly authorised by CECT-SHOP.
3. CECT-SHOP records the IMEI numbers of all the products we sell, ship and repair. We reserve the right to indelibly mark products on the inside of the casing to identify these as having been sold by us. We cannot offer any guarantee to products that were not sold through our shop, and will not accept any items for repair that were not sold by us.
1. Please check carefully which part of the device is broken. For example, if a smartphone is not charging, this is usually not due to the handset being damaged, but is more likely to be due to a damaged adapter or cable. Therefore we ask you to try alternative peripherals to confirm that the device itself is defective.
2. Seek advice online. For software errors, there is often a wealth of good advice available. We recommend our partner forum www.chinamobiles.org, where you can read about how other customers have solved their problems.
3. If you have confirmed that the defect is with the device and it is not a software issue, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please enter “defective device”, and do not forget to include your customer number or provide other information about the order. Please provide a detailed description of the problem you are experiencing so that we can help you quickly and competently. If the nature of the defect requires you to send images, please attach these to your email.
4. Please wait for our answer. We will respond to emails as soon as possible, typically within 48 hours.
5. If we contact you with a Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) number and instructions to return the device to us for repair, please send your device as described (by registered airmail or other shipping with tracking number). Please enclose a note indicating your name, RMA number and order number. Please note that CECT-SHOP will not reimburse the shipping costs.
6. Please confirm to our support team that the defective product has been returned to us, and inform us of the tracking number.
1. Please note that 95% of repairs are carried out by the manufacturer, and CECT-SHOP therefore has no influence on the duration of the repair. Some repairs can be very swift, within 3 working days; others require up to one calendar month to repair.
2. After the repair is completed, we will examine the device to ensure the reported defect has been repaired.
3. The device will be packaged and returned to you free of charge by China Post. A repair bill of €0.00 is applied for customs clearance purposes.
4. You will receive your tracking number after we have shipped the repaired device.